...
Last Friday after the mad rush to complete my assignment in time, I was so tired but I kept getting woken by random noise like drilling and construction works. There was even a civil defence siren :s
I got so irritated I simply had to turn on the air con and hide under all my bedding, which I hardly ever do. In the end, I still only had about 4 hours sleep lol.
Dinner was at Shima Aji at the Esplanade :) Sushi buffet :P Thank you Rz :)
I did take pictures of everything, but because ours was a an unlimited serving buffet, they didn't really bother about presentation. But they didn't have to, the food was very good :)
My favourites that evening were the grilled Saba and teriyaki salmon :)
...
Was at Bishan Junction 8 on Saturday again. This time I had more time to walk around and explore. It's been a long time since I actually walked around it.
I bought (another) pair of earrings. I'd been looking for something like these for some time, but all the others I've seen were either coloured or too ridiculously priced.

Unfortunately, and rather painfully, I had a very embaressing fall after missing a step coming out of Mos Burger. The whole place looked like it was on the same level, and I fell in front of so many people :s
My bruise is so huge :c And its very obvious too. It is currently 7.5cm long and 4.3cm wide :s
No skirts until it disappears I think :c
...
On Sunday, I had the misfortune to bump into one of my mother's old friends at a food court. I shall not name her in case her children are reading, though I think it is very unlikely.
Anyway, the conversation went like this:
She:
"Eh! Debbie!"
Me (cannot believe my misfortune):
"Oh, er, hi Aunty X." *forced smile*
She:
"Wah so long never see you already ah! All grown up ah!"
Me (I stopped growing years and years ago):
"Erm, ok I guess.."
She:
"Eh, so you got go visit your mum? Must go you know, your mother misses you!"
Me (Internal cringing, it has been 8 years but you don't go around talking like that do you?!):
"Yup, I go once a year."
She:
"Must go leh, how can you not go? Your mother love you so much you know!"
I was so irritated at this point. Yah lah, my mother is in heaven, are you in heaven with her? How do you even know what she feels?! Are you some sort of medium or the devout Christian like you claim you are?!
But every one was looking at us, I had to keep my cool. Damn Singaporeans, mind your own business!
Me (Refusing to say anything stupid):
"Hmm, ya."
She:
"So how is you and your father getting along huh? Still got quarrel and fight or not?"
Even MORE stupid Singaporeans turned to look at me.
At this juncture, I have this to say on the relative safety of my blog:
1. Appalling manners! So what if you're older than I am or if you're my mother's friend?!
2. Your sons actually hit you but who is bringing it up?
Me (Decided to pretend everyone fights and there's nothing wrong with it):
"Well, we are much better" *forced smile* "And we don't quarrel anymore."
She:
"Ya lah, must grow up already.. cannot always fight."
More force smiles. I really wanted to yell already. But I knew if I yelled, the ENTIRE church would know about it by the following Sunday. Never under-estimate the vocal power of one aging auntie.
So, I kept quiet until she fired her next question.
She:
"So how come you are here huh, you alone ah?"
Me (Knowing she will tell the church about it, I deliberately said this):
"No, with my boyfriend."
She:
"OH!! Where huh?! Which one??" *very flappy and excited*
Ultimate 38. As expected. So I pointed Rz out.
For the next 10 minutes it was continued interrogation until I said, "Ok bye, I need to buy dinner."
When I went back to Rz he was like, huh who was that? I was like, OMG, were we really so loud??? =.="
So I told him about her and stuff, and it was really funny when he said, "Oh, I know, she's the one Aunty Beelian (R's mum) refused to talk to on the phone!"
ROFL!! Actually I forgot about it already, so I found it extremely hilarious! Trsut him to remember such a thing at such a time :P
After we had eaten, Aunty X and her fellow gossipers got up to leave, and I just knew she would come over to pretend to say goodbye.
If I had been alone, she would have just waved bye at most. But no, I was with new gossip commodity: "new boyfriend", hence the eminent scuttle over to take a good look at him.
I can imagine:
She: "Eh you know ah, that day I saw Doris' daughter leh!".. "People got boyfriend already you know!".. "I saw them together!"
=.="
(If you're wondering why I've strayed from my usual writing style, it is because I just had to emphasize her whiny broken English.)
Now you know why I just had to leave my family church?
It may provide good entertainment on my blog, but if you are the target of every week's Good Intentions a.k.a Gossip it can get way too much, especially when one has to cope with loss alone.
Everyday, I find more reasons to thank God I left.
- 19 September 2006 3:50am -
2 comments:
Dear Ai-chan,
Watashi no piasu wo hometekurete arigatou ^_^ Yokatta!
Don't worry too much, I'm fine! ^_^ Just a little busy because of my assignments ^_^
Watashi wa hokorini omoimasu anata no tomodachi desu, watashi no subarashii sensei ^_^
♡
I'm glad you're back safely!
I'll send your stuff off tomorrow too :D
♡
Post a Comment